Callum Barter has been busy working as a Producer, Mixing & Recording Engineer for the last 16 years across USA, Australia & beyond. As of 2018, Callum is now based out of Los Angeles (USA) for an exciting new chapter working out of his great new studio. Contact Callum to come in for a look and a chat about your next project. The move to the US is a great step after 4 years as senior Engineer & Manager @ Newmarket Studios in Melbourne, Australia.
Get in touch with Callum for your next project – be it big or small! He has the ability and resources to work under budgets, deadlines and collaborate production ideas with each and every artist.
Are you not based in LA? No problem! Callum is always working remotely with artists sending files and ideas back and forth until the optimal result has been achieved.
Callum has worked with an impressive roster of top artists, including Grammy nominee and four time ARIA Award winner Courtney Barnett, He recorded & mixed Kurt Vile & Courtney Barnett’s album – ‘Lotta Sea Lice”, as well as work with ARIA nominated duo Big Scary. Callum has worked as a live FOH engineer for Vance Joy, Shallou, Courtney Barnett, Japanese Wallpaper, Big Scary, Emma Louise, Saskwatch & Bill Callahan to name a few.
Callum Barter has been busy working as an Producer/Engineer for the last 16 years across the US, Australia & beyond.
Callum is now based in of Los Angeles working out of his studio there, after 4 years as Senior Engineer & Manager @ Newmarket Studios in Melbourne, Australia.
Callum has worked with an impressive roster of top artists, including Grammy nominee and four time ARIA Award winner Courtney Barnett. He recorded & mixed Kurt Vile & Courtney Barnett’s album – ‘Lotta Sea Lice”. Callum is often seen working alongside the likes of Alex Lahey, Vance Joy, Jordan Parker, Emma Louise, Saskwatch, Jim Lawrie, Dorsal Fins, The Seven Ups, British India ( receiving a GOLD status single), as well as work with ARIA nominated duo Big Scary.
Some recent projects Callum has been working on:
- Courtney Barnett – Album “MTV Unplugged Live in Melbourne” (Mixed) 2019
- Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile – Album “Lotta Sea Lice” (Recorded & Mixed) 2017
- Alex Lahey – Single “Sucker For Punishment” (Mixed) 2020
- Alex Lahey – EP “Between the Kitchen and the Living Room” (Mixed) 2020
- Vance Joy – Live Video “Life From Rod Laver Arena” (Mixed) 2020
- Jordan Parker – Cover Single “sex money feelings die” (Produced, Mixed & Recorded) 2020
- Saskwatch – Album “Manual Override” (Recorded & Mixed) 2017
- The Northern Folk – “Watermark” Album (Recorded & Mixed) 2019
- Young Vincent – Self titled EP (Produced, Recorded & Mixed) 2019
- Emma Louise “Falling Apart” Live at 64 Sound, LA 2018 (Recorded & Mixed)
- The Hunter Express – Album “Should Have Come On Sunday” (Recorded & Mixed) 2018
- Courtney Barnett – Videos -Album performed & filmed live in Atlanta for Apple Music (Mixed) 2018
- Kat Myers – “Voices Carry” single (Produced, Recorded & Mixed) 2019
- Broads – Album “Stay Connected” (Recorded) 2018
- Nat Vazer -“We Used To Have Real Conversations” EP 2018 (Recorded)
- Big Scary – Album “Animal” (Recording) 2016
- Jim Lawrie – Album “Slacker of the Year” (Produced, mixed & Recorded) 2017
- Dorsal Fins – Album “Digital Zodiac” (Recorded & Mixed) 2015
- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – Album “Sketches Of Brunswick East” (Assisted) 2017
- Sampha – Live Studio Performance (Recorded & Mixed) 2016
- Milk Records – “Good For You” (Feat. Courtney Barnett) (Recorded & Mixed) 2015
- British India – “Controller” Album (Mixed) 2013 GOLD SINGLE
- Broads – Album “Vacancy” (Recorded & Mixed) 2016
- The Seven Ups – Album “Drinking Water” (Recorded & Mixed) 2016
- The Black Heart Death Cult – Self Titled Album (Recorded & Mixed) 2017
- Steve Boyd’s Rum Reverie – Album “Hoodoo Hipshake” (Recorded & Mixed) 2017
- The Hunter Express – Self Titled Album (Recorded & Mixed) 2017
- Romeo Moon – Singles (Recorded & Mixed) 2016
- Gabriella Cohen – Live Studio Performance (Recorded & Mixed) 2017
- Teeth & Tongue – Live Studio Performance (Recorded & Mixed) 2017
- Lost Animal – Live Studio Performance (Recorded & Mixed) 2016
Prior to taking over Newmarket Studios in Melbourne, Callum mixed “Controller” (2013), the fourth studio album released by indie rock band British India, one of Australia’s most prolific touring bands which achieved Gold sales (35,000+) for the single – “I Can Make You Love Me” in November 2013.
Along with his extensive studio engineering work, Callum’s experience with live engineering has allowed him to work with a diverse range of artists around the world. Some of the artists he has toured with include: Vance Joy, Courtney Barnett, Shallou, Japanese Wallpaper, Emma Louise, Big Scary, Saskwatch, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizzard, Bill Callahan, British India, The Cat Empire, Dan Auerbach, Dorsal Fins, & Fraser A Gorman to name a few…
Exposure to such a vast range of musicians and musical styles over the years both in the studio and live setting has allowed Callum to hone his ear and production techniques to consistently produce an impressive, unique and identifiable sound. In addition to this, Callum’s professionalism, strong work ethic and ability to deliver a polished and considered sound for artists time and time again, is testament to why this engineer’s diary has limited free space throughout the year. Callum has an Advanced Diploma in Music Industry (Technical Production) from RMIT, graduating in 2005.